XG Firewall v17.5 is now available, bringing new Synchronized Security features, options for education institutions and more of your top requested features.
What’s new in XG Firewall v17.5
Here’s a quick overview of the key new features in v17.5:
- Synchronized Security – lateral movement protection – extends our Security Heartbeat™ automated threat isolation to prevent any threat from moving laterally or spreading across the network, even on the same subnet. The firewall instructs all healthy endpoints to completely isolate any unhealthy endpoints.
- Synchronized User ID – utilizes Security Heartbeat™ to greatly streamline authentication for user-based policy enforcement and reporting in any Active Domain network by eliminating the need for any kind of server or client agent.
- Education features – such as per-user policy-based control over SafeSearch and YouTube restrictions, teacher enabled block-page overrides, and Chromebook authentication support.
- Email features – adds Sender Policy Framework (SPF) anti-spoofing protection and a new MTA based on Exim, which closes a couple of top requested feature differences with SG Firewall.
- IPS protection – is enhanced with greatly expanded categories enabling you to better optimize your performance and protection.
- Management enhancements – including enhanced firewall rule grouping with automatic group assignment, and a custom column selection for the log viewer.
- VPN and SD-WAN failover and failback – including new IPSec failover and failback controls and SD-WAN link failback options.
- Client authentication – gets a major update with a variety of new enhancements such as per-machine deployment, a logout option, support for wake from sleep, and MAC address sharing.
- Sophos Connect – is our new IPSec VPN Client, free for all XG Firewall customers, that makes remote VPN connections easy for users, and supports Synchronized Security.
For more information on Sophos XG Firewall v15.7, reach out to our Brand Sales Specialist, Mark Freilich, at Lifeboat today!